Found an excellent way to make a sugar free, dairy free, gluten free chocolate cake. We had extra chocolate shake after our demo at the Unity of Gulfport Expo.
Since I am an experimenter, I decided to try my hand at making a cake, using the shake as the liquid. And after a second try- Success.
- 2 cups of Bob’s Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 2 cups alternative sugar ( I used Monk fruit combined with coconut palm)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 3 teaspoons espresso coffee powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Shaklee chocolate shake (4 scoops chocolate protein powder and 16 ounces almond milk or coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (avocado )
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract ( I also added a dash of maple syrup – don’t ask why – Just sounded good
- Preheat oven to 350F. Use a butter/oiled bunt pan or two mine inch cake pans
- Mix all dry ingredients, combining well.
- Then added your liquids combing (whisking) well.
- Place batter in cake pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Don’t overcook. Cake will be moist.